Our Lady of the Angels Ushers Club
What is the Ushers Club?
The Ushers Club of Our Lady of the Angels is a group of individuals dedicated to assisting the pastor, and his representatives
before, during, and after mass or any other parochial and religious functions as required by the pastor or our parish. We are
a service oriented organization committed to supporting the congregation of our parish. Members of our club benefit from the good
relations associated with belonging to a hospitable group and can enjoy the social and fundraising functions of a benevolent group.
Who are the ushers?
As an usher, you are often the first person to see parishioners and visitors as they arrive at the church. You may perform a variety
of duties, depending on the number of ushers on your particular team, or the mass or function at which you are serving.
Whatever the level of responsibility, users serve as a representative of the church.
What are the ushers' responsibilities during liturgies?
Liturgies, often not much more than an hour long, hold a number of responsibilities for the team of ushers.
- Helping to prepare the church for the service or special event
- Greeting parishioners and visitors as they enter the church
- Passing out the liturgical hymnals
- Assisting in seating guests, if necessary
- Arranging to have the gifts of bread and wine delivered to the altar
- Collecting the Offertory gifts from the parishioners
- Assisting with the flow of the Communion procession
- Assisting with any emergencies during the services
- Distributing bulletins at the end of Mass
- Straightening the church after the services
Is the Ushers Club involved in any other parish activities?
As a service oriented organization, the Ushers Club is involved in many of the activities sanctioned by our parish throughout the year.
We enjoy being a part of a winning collaborative effort. Consequently, we participate in the following ways at church events:
- We run the Vegas Room during the annual parish festival, every Father's Day weekend.
- We donate the hamburgers and hot dogs for the parish picnic every fall. We flip the burgers and grill the hot dogs in the parish center
kitchen until every picnicker has had their fill.
Our Lady of the Angels ushers get together as an organization on the second Tuesday of each month, from September through June at 7:00PM.
No meetings are held during July and August.
The 2017 Ushers Club officers are:
Pictured left to right: Ron McCombe, John Mosella, Kim Hughey and John Gdowski
If you are thinking about joining the Ushers Club, just talk to one of the ushers at Mass, or email firstname.lastname@example.org